The contact lenses correct your vision and are easy to wear. Choosing the right contact lenses depends on the vision and the degree of comfort you are looking for. There are many types of lenses that match almost every need. They are divided into:
Soft contact lenses
Soft contact lenses are the most commonly used because of the fact that they are extremely comfortable, provide real image, perfect peripheral vision, allow for correction in combination with sunglasses and unlimited sports opportunities. Correct myopia, farsightedness, astigmatism, and allow for combined correction for far and near.
There are hydrogel and silicone lenses, hydrogels being recommended for use of no more than 8 hours a day, and silicone (so called “Breathable lenses” / can be worn up to 24 hours without replacement. It is advisable to remove them once a day for flushing and disinfection, otherwise they may lead to deterioration in vision.
Silicone lenses provide significantly more oxygen to the corneal cells and are a perfect option for people with dry or sensitive eyes, for long hours working in front of video displays, for people with hormonal imbalances, also leading to dry eyes, for people on hormone therapy or women on hormonal contraception, during pregnancy, breastfeeding or in critical age. Silicone lenses are also a solution for people working night or day-night shifts when lens removal is not possible after 8 hours and in the absence of good hygienic conditions for removing the lenses from the eyes.
In Vision Care we offer all types and brands of soft contact lenses from the world’s best manufacturers and with a discount of up to 30%. It is very important that your lenses are properly selected, according to a number parameters of the corneal, diopter and your specific needs.
With us you can find over 10 types of soft contact lenses available at a discount of 30%. Here we will measure the radius of your cornea, we will discuss your specific needs, the medications you take, your way of life, and so we will choose the most suitable lens for you.
Hard contact lenses
Hard contact lenses offer clear vision and can correct myopia and astigmatism, but they need more time to adapt than soft lenses. Occasionally, for specific corneal conditions, hard lenses are a recommended option for correction.
Caution: Contact lenses are a medical product and we advise you to buy them only from optics, after consulting with your optician!
We offer you:
– Contact lenses from all world manufacturers for correction of myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia.
– Color contact lenses
– Contact lens adjustment and professional consultation in the selection of contact lenses.
– Training for inserting, removing and storing contact lenses
– Solutions and consumables for all types of contact lenses
1. Always wash your hands with soap and water before placing or removing your contact lenses from your eyes.
2. Do not place your lenses if you notice white dots or tearing on the edges.
3. Do not place your lenses if your eyes are red, irritated, have unnatural secretion, or you feel any kind of discomfort.
4. Do not let the contact lenses remain dry, store them in special solutions, always place them in a clean solution. If you don’t use your lenses for a while, replace the solution in the container once a week. Store at room temperature.
5. Always strictly observe the wear and replacement regimen of contact lenses specified by the manufacturer of the brand! Often there are cases where the importer or an optician, with commercial purpose or due to negligence and ignorance recommends a longer term for replacing lenses.
For example, the English manufacturer Ultravision specifies the Specialty 55 contact lens for one month. The Bulgarian importer, as well as a large number of opticians, sell this lens with a 3-month replacement period, which is incorrect and jeopardizes the health of your eyes.
An overuse of the lense reduces the amount of oxygen the lens supplies to the cornea, and this can lead to serious inflammatory processes and even loss of vision.
If the manufacturer has specified a lens for one month, then it can not be converted into a 3 month one after it has been imported into Bulgaria. Most lenses imported into Bulgaria have a replacement term of 30 days. There are one-day lenses and those with a replacement term of 3 months, 6 months or an year, but they are relatively less common.
Keep in mind that the longer you wear the same set of contact lenses, the risk of bacterial or fungal infection increases. If you wear your lenses every day and they have a 30-day replacement mode, it is best to replace them with new ones after 1 month.
6. Remove your contact lenses every night and place them in a solution container where they will be cleaned, disinfected and hydrated. This way they will be in excellent condition for use on the next day.
Even silicone lenses, which let a lot of oxygen to the cornea, and for which they say in the promotional materials that they are for extended wear, are not suitable for overnight sleeping. The fact that they have an extended carrying term means that within 24 hours you can be more than 8 hours with your lenses, but not sleep with them.
7. It may be possible to sleep with your lenses or use them for more than 24 hours if it is necessary because of temporary impossibility to remove them from your eyes – after surgery or specific medical manipulations where the lens should not be removed for a certain period of time for the purpose of mechanical protection or retention of a drug.
Long-term use of contact lenses is also possible for people with 24-hour or night-shift occupations, on long journeys or stays in places where there are no good hygienic conditions for removing the lenses from the eyes. In such cases, it is indeed permissible to sleep with lenses, but only with those with a high Oxygen-transferability (160 dk / t or more), such as Biofinity, Air Optix Night & Day, Ultra, Purevision 2 HD, Acuvue and others.
Think about yourself – do you need lenses in your eyes while you sleep? Of course not! It is a wicked practice to sell silicone lenses as ones which you can sleep with for a week, two or three, up to a month. These are advertising and commercial tricks that lead to easier sales, and also make the customer buy lenses always from the same optics, as in many cases the lenses are placed and removed once a month in the optics they are bought from. On the other hand, many of the customers are happy to hear that they have no problem sleeping with their lenses for a whole month, as it is difficult to put them down and remove them from their eyes.
Don’t save money and time at the expense of your health!
The surface of the eye is a warm and damp environment, perfect for the formation of fungal and bacterial colonies that can lead to serious illnesses. Like all mucous membranes in the human body need daily hygiene, so does the eye needs hygienic care and oxygen. Imagine what would happen if you do not brush your teeth, for example, or do not keep everyday intimate hygiene ….
If you sleep with lenses, the next morning you will feel your eyes dry and tense, you will see foggy and will restrict oxygen access to the cornea as the lenses will have adhering protein deposits and dead cells that the eyes emit daily. Adding to the dusty and dirty environment we live in, it’s clear that lenses need to be cleaned and hydrated every night so they do not harm seriously your eyesight.
8 Ladies should not forget that makeup is applied after they have placed their lenses and remove the makeup from their eyes after removing the lenses
9. Your contact lenses always prefer a damp environment, so do not dive into a pool or sea with open eyes.
10. Use moisturizing drops in the case of dry eyes, and it is advisable to use natural products without preservatives – herbal or hyaluronic acid.
We remind you that the eyes become drier with age, using some medication or physiologically debilitating tears. The eyes dry out, when you stay longer behind a computer, tablet, or smartphone, as well as when doing activities which include sight-seeing and less blinking.
And to the ladies we remind that for hormonal imbalance, for various reasons, in puberty, in critical age, in pregnancy or breastfeeding, in impaired function of the thyroid or other glands, hormonal contraception or hormonal therapy, they should more often moisturize the eyes because in these periods the ocular mucosa is significantly drier and may experience discomfort when using contact lenses.
In case of discomfort or sensation other than the normal wear of contact lenses, consult with specialists. They will investigate your case and will do their best to resolve the issue!
How do we recognize dry eyes? People who suffer from dry eyes are overwhelmed by the feeling of “sand” in the eyes, stickiness of the eyelids, burning or itching, redness of the eyes or secretion. Sometimes excessive tears can also be a symptom of the dry eye due to systemic irritation, but in this case there are specific moisture-retaining components missing in the tear composition.
11. Contact lenses have no guarantee in case of fungal deposits, breakage and other mechanical damage.
For us the most important thing is that you look and feel great with your new contact lenses.